1 x 10^4 (10.000) IU IL-2, 1 x 10^5 (100.000) IU IL-2, 1 x 10^6 (1.000.000) IU IL-2
Recombinant Human Interleukin-2 (rhIL-2)
99,00€ – 249,00€
Expressed in CHO mammalian cells, glycosylated and non-glycosylated
Immunservice’s recombinant human Interleukin-2 (rhIL-2) is a secreted cytokine consisting of a mixture of three isoforms (a glycosylated tetrasaccharide, a glycosylated trisaccharide and a non-glycosylated isoform) with a molecular weight of approximately 17 kDa. This composition very strongly resembles naturally occurring IL-2 and is particularly stable.
Interleukin-2 plays a key role in proliferation of T and B lymphocytes and stimulates differentiation of B cells, NK cells, lymphokine-activated killer cells, monocytes, macrophages and oligodendrocytes.
For research use only
Please note also our Ordering and Shipping Information.
Standard Shipping plus cool packs
Recombinant Human IL-2 is a bioactive protein and can be used as a nutrient source for culture of IL-2-dependent cells as well as for activation of immune cells. rhIL-2 stimulates proliferation of T cells and regulates the immune response.
rhIL-2 was tested in cell culture and can be used, for instance, for the follow applications:
- Culture of human and murine IL-2-dependent primary T cells, T cell lines and NK cells
- Proliferation of mitogen-activated T lymphocytes and NK cells
- Generation of human and murine T cell lines derived from thymocytes, splenocytes or peripheral blood lymphocytes
- Generation of human and murine LAK cells
rhIL-2 should be stored at -20°C or -80°C. Avoid repeated freezing and thawing. If stored accordingly, this recombinant human interleukin-2 is stable for 12 months.
1. Mosmann, T. Rapid colorimetric assay for cellular growth and survival: application to proliferation and cytotoxicity assays. J. Immunol. Methods 65, 55–63 (1983).
2. Fenwick BW1, Schore CE, O. B. Human recombinant interleukin-2(125) induced in vitro proliferation of equine, caprine, ovine, canine and feline peripheral blood lymphocytes. Comp Immunol Microbiol Infect Dis. 11, 51–60 (1988).
Other references on request at Research@immunservice.com.
Bioactive recombinant human interleukin-2 in RPMI 1640 Medium with HSA additive. We recommend dilution of rhIL-2 in media containing HSA or FCS.
The specific activity of rhIL-2 is 1.98 x 10^7 IU/mg. It was measured by means of a dose-dependent proliferation assay using the established murine cell line CTLL-2.